PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE PLATFORMS
What’s in these terms?
These terms tell you the rules for using our Platforms:
“Website” the website hosted at https://ziax.com/ and zi.ax (and sub-domains of such site) and which offers information in respect of us and what we do.
“CubeCraft” the platform hosted at https://www.cubecraft.net/, cbecrft.net and ccgn.co (and sub-domains of such site) and via which users may access our Minecraft server, offering Minecraft content and multiplayer services,
collectively our “Platforms” and each a “Platform”. Further information about each of our Platforms can be found at the relevant URL.
Who we are and how to contact us
Our Platforms are operated by Ziax Ltd (“we”, “us”, “our“). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 08979146 and have our registered office at Unit 30 Eton Business Park, Eton Hill Road, Radcliffe, Manchester, England, M26 2ZS. Our VAT number is GB213841137.
We are a limited company.
To contact us, please email us at the following address:
- If your query relates to the Website: [email protected].
- If your query relates to CubeCraft, [email protected].
You can also contact us by phone on +44 (0)161 399 0386.
By using our Platforms you accept these terms
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
You should not use our Platforms if you are less than 13 years of age
Our Website should not be used by anyone who is less than 13 years of age.
CubeCraft may be used by you if you are less than 13 years of age but only if you use your Microsoft child account login to access these Platforms.
If you are under 18, you are responsible for ensuring that you have the consent of your parent or guardian to these terms and your use of our Platforms
There are other terms that may apply to you
- Our Acceptable Use Policy, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our Platforms. When using our Platforms, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
In addition to the above, there may be third party terms that apply to your use of our Platforms. This includes:
- terms imposed by Microsoft relating to your use of its Minecraft platform, copies of which are available here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/legal/terms-of-use and https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/terms.
- terms imposed by the host of our CubeCraft Games PC Store, Tebex, which are available at https://store.cubecraft.net/terms/checkout is operated by a third party, Tebex.
- terms imposed by Microsoft Minecraft Marketplace if you browse or shop the marketplace, which are available at https://shop.minecraft.net/pages/terms-of-use.
We may make changes to our Platforms
We may update and change our Platforms from time to time to reflect changes to our products, our users’ needs, third party requirements (such as Microsoft’s requirements or updates) and our business priorities or for technical reasons to keep improving our Platform. In particular, we regularly update CubeCraft to add new games, remove games and to take on board user feedback in respect of certain games.
We will, where appropriate and possible, try to give you reasonable notice of any major changes to the functionality of our Platforms. Such notice may be provided via the relevant Platform itself or any other contact method you provide to us.
We regularly make changes to our Platforms by adding new content (such as new games) and we will have no liability to you for any such changes provided that, where you have purchased digital content (e.g. virtual items, cosmetics, assets, game modes or other unlockable content) from us using money or money’s worth we will ensure that any content you have purchased from us always matches the description of it that we provided to you before you bought it.
You may need to pay to access some of our content
You can access parts of our Platform without payment but some parts of our Platforms (for example, certain games or features on CubeCraft) are reserved for users who have paid to access those services.
If you do wish to make a purchase via our Platforms, additional terms may apply dependent upon the purchase made. Please see the following for further information:
- Purchase from Minecraft Marketplace operated by Microsoft (for Bedrock users): https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/servicesagreement;
- Purchase from CubeCraft Games PC Store (for Java users): https://store.cubecraft.net/terms/checkout.
We may suspend or withdraw our Platforms at any time
We do not guarantee that our Platforms, or any content on them, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our Platforms for business and operational reasons, including:
- to deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
- to deal with updates necessary to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
- to make changes to the content accessible via our Platforms; or
- where a third party, such as Microsoft, has asked us to do so.
We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal, although this may not always be possible, for example if emergency maintenance is required or withdrawal of a Platform is necessary to prevent a security threat.
You must keep your account details safe
If you choose, or you are provided with, a username, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures for access to a Platform:
- you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
- of you are required to choose a username to access any of our Platforms, your username must comply with our Acceptable Use Policy and any other rules and requirements we may specify to you from time to time.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your login details, you must promptly notify us at the following address:
If you are using a Microsoft account to access our Platform, you should also notify Microsoft of this.
How you may use material on our Platforms
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Platforms, and in the material and content published on them and made available via them. This includes any games, videos, photographs, animations images, text and software. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may only use the material and content published on our Platforms on a limited licence basis in accordance with these terms and we provide no guarantees that the same material and content will continue to be available.
The following trade marks (including any logos incorporating them) are our trade marks and you are not permitted to use them without our approval, unless they are part of material you are using as permitted under this section:
- ‘CubeCraft Games’
In respect of our Platforms:
- you may stream a copy of content made available via CubeCraft on your personal phone, computer or tablet and view, use and display such content on the same personal phone, computer or tablet.
- you may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Platforms for your personal use.
- in respect of our Website only, you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our Website.
- you may not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- if you do print off or download any pages from our Platforms for your personal use, our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Platforms must always be acknowledged (except where the content is user-generated).
- you must not use any part of the content on our Platforms for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
User-generated content is not approved by us
CubeCraft may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the Platforms, including bulletin boards, forums and chat rooms. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our Platforms do not represent our views or values.
How to complain about content uploaded by other users
If you wish to complain about content uploaded by other users, please contact us on [email protected]. You may also report this using the reporting functions available on our Platforms.
Uploading content to our Platforms
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our Platforms, to make contact with other users of our Platforms or otherwise to interact/make contact with us:
- you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
- you will be liable to us and indemnify us if any content uploaded to our Platforms fails to comply with our Acceptable Use Policy. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of any content provided by you failing to comply with our Acceptable Use Policy.
- any content you upload to our Platforms will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You grant us the rights set out below in respect of any such content.
- you acknowledge that we have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our Platforms constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
- we have the right to remove any posting you make on our Platforms if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
- you are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content and understand that we may remove or suspend your content at any time.
Rights you are giving us to use material you upload
When you upload or post content to a Platform, or otherwise interact with another user or us via a Platform you grant us the following rights in respect of that content:
- a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform that user-generated content in connection with the service provided by the Platform and across different media including to promote the Platform or the service provided via the Platform to expire if/when the user deletes the content from the Platform;
- a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence for other users, partners or advertisers to use the content in accordance with the functionality of the Platforms to expire if/when the user deletes the content from the Platform.
No text or data mining, or web scraping
You shall not conduct, facilitate, authorise or permit any text or data mining or web scraping in relation to our Platforms or any services or digital content provided via, or in relation to, our Platforms. This includes using (or permitting, authorising or attempting the use of):
- Any “robot”, “bot”, “spider”, “scraper” or other automated device, program, tool, algorithm, code, process or methodology to access, obtain, copy, monitor or republish any portion of the Platforms or any data, content, information or services accessed via the same.
- Any automated analytical technique aimed at analysing text and data in digital form to generate information which includes but is not limited to patterns, trends and correlations.
The provisions in this section should be treated as an express reservation of our rights in this regard, including for the purposes of Article 4(3) of Digital Copyright Directive ((EU) 2019/790) (and any similar or equivalent laws elsewhere in the world).
This clause shall not apply insofar as (but only to the extent that) we are unable to exclude or limit text or data mining or web scraping activity by contract under the laws which are applicable to us.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our Platforms will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and device to access our Platforms. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our Platforms by:
- knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- attempting to gain unauthorised access to our Platforms, the server(s) on which our Platforms are stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Platforms.
- attack any Platform via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them.
In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Platforms will cease immediately.
Do not rely on information on our Platforms
The content on our Platforms is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our Platforms.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Platforms, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Platforms is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our Platforms contain links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and separate terms may apply when you use these sites. This includes when you make a purchase from the stores available on CubeCraft as these are operated by third parties.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
We do not seek to limit our liability where it would be unlawful to do so, this includes (but is not limited to) liability for (a) death or personal injury caused by negligence; and (b) fraud.
If you are a business user (and subject always to the above):
We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our Platforms or any content on them. We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our Platforms; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Platforms.
In particular we are not liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
Our total aggregate liability to you arising in connection with these terms (whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall not exceed £100.
If you are a consumer user:
We are only responsible to you for losses you suffer caused by us breaking this contract if it was obvious that loss would happen if we breached the contract and you did not say anything to us before we entered this contract that meant we should have expected the loss.
If defective digital content (such as a game) that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
We are not responsible for matters outside our control
If we are unable to provide access to or use of our Platforms due to an event outside of our reasonable control, we will inform you as soon as possible and will do what we can to reduce the delay.
As long as we do this, we will not be required to compensate you for the delay unless the delay is likely to be substantial. You can contact our Customer Service team by email at the following address:
- If your query relates to the Website: [email protected];
- If your query relates to CubeCraft: [email protected];
You can also contact use by phone on +44 (0)161 399 0514.
For the purpose of this provision, events outside of our reasonable control will include, but not be limited to, interruption to or failure of utility services, networks and servers, non-performance of our suppliers or subcontractors, downtime of the Minecraft server that is not caused by us and any decision by Microsoft to withdraw or modify the Minecraft platform or our ability to operate on it.
How we may use your personal information
Rules about linking to our Platforms
If you own a website:
- you may link to each of our Platforms, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- you must not establish a link to our Platforms in any website that is not owned by you.
- our Platforms must not be framed on any other site.
- we reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- the website in which you are linking our Platform(s) must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on any of our Platforms other than that set out above, please contact [email protected].
We may transfer our rights under these terms to someone else
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
You can only transfer your contract with us to someone else if we agree to this.
We may not agree if we are unhappy with the proposed transferee or for another reason (although we will act reasonably in making this decision).
We may make changes to these terms
We may amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our Platforms, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
If we make any material changes to the terms, we will notify you the first time you use one of our Platforms following the change.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
If you are a consumer, the above provision does not limit or exclude your statutory rights, to the extent such rights provide certain protections or rights to you, which may include the right to enforce these terms in your local court.
These terms are written in the English language
Nobody else has any rights under this contract.
These terms are between you and us. Nobody else can enforce them and neither of us will need to ask anybody else to sign-off on ending or changing them.
If a court invalidates some of these terms, the rest of them will still apply.
If a court or other authority decides that some of these terms are unlawful, the rest will continue to apply.
Even if we delay in enforcing these terms, we can still enforce them later. We might not immediately chase you for not doing something (like paying) or for doing something you’re not allowed to, but that doesn’t mean we can’t do it later.
Last updated: 14th June 2023